Selfhelp Community Services is seeking qualified individuals who share our mission to join our Selfhelp family.
- Competitive hourly rates and live-in rates
- Live-in opportunities requiring up to 3 day commitment. $500 bonus may be available.
- Flexible schedules
- Paid vacation
- Union benefits including medical, life, legal, and pension (DC1707)
- Free uniforms
- Complete training- (English and Spanish) to prepare you to become certified as a Home Health Aide
- Jobs immediately available to qualified certified aides
- Weekend differentials
- Holiday double-time pay available
Want to become a home care aide and need training? Sign up today for Selfhelp's HHA or PCA free training class.
Selfhelp's Home Health Aide (HHA) and Personal Care Aide (PCA) training programs are approved by the New York State Department of Health and are provided free of charge. Students attend core curriculum trainings in the classroom, and then progress to the laboratory to learn clinical skills, and conclude with field training in clients' homes. Upon graduation from our two training programs, qualified Selfhelp aides will be offered employment. Continuous in-service training and classes are offered so aides can keep up to date on the newest health care practices, enhance their skills, and fulfill ongoing certification requirements.
For HHA/PCAs who are already certified and looking for employment, please call our team at 212-971-7714.